Wednesday, March 3, 2010
REMINDER - Photo Forum Beirut #2: Call for submission
Zico House and Photo-Festivals invite you to the second session of Photo Forum Beirut on Tuesday 16th March 2010
**Format of the sessions
Selected photographers will have a chance to experience speaking about their work in public, to articulate concerns, aims and plans for their photography and to ask opinions in an open environment.
We strongly encourage feedback from the attending audience.
The second session will take place at Zico House on 16th March 2010 from 19.00 to 21.00.
For each session we will invite an international external selector to choose the photographers who will present and discuss their work.
The second session's selector is the Brazilian photo collective Cia de Foto.
Every month, Photo Forum Beirut invites a local or visiting host to speak about a specific issue related to photography practice.
For our second session, Ibrahim Suleiman from Paladium will open the session and talk about his work as a printer.
Ibrahim Suleiman is a technical printer based in Beirut. He is the owner of Paladium, one of Lebanon's leading photographic printing and finishing centres he established in 1998 in Hamra. Suleiman is behind the printing and finishing of most of the photo exhibitions in Lebanon.
** Submission process
Theme: THE CITY
Deadline EXTENDED: from 1st February to 10th March 2010
The session will benefit photographers who do not have access to regular feedback and are willing to receive specialist and peer-led critique of their work.
Please note that the session is NOT for exhibiting printed pictures; selected photographers will show their work or series related to this month theme in either slide or digital projection.
TO APPLY for the second session of Photo Forum Beirut, please make sure you are in Beirut on Tuesday 16th March 2010. Please follow the following steps:
- create a Photoshelter Starter free account: (and do not forget to choose STARTER at the bottom of the box of Pick a Plan)
- upload your photographs (up to 20 images of 1024 pixels on the longest side, and a file size NO larger than 500 kb);
- share your gallery with photoforumbeirut@gmail (not familiar with Photoshelter? Follow the 3 first “Getting started” steps);
- name your gallery with your Name and Surname;
- email us a short biography, a presentation text or artist statement about your work.